As record-keeping officer, the City Clerk is responsible for preparing, executing, and archiving all City records as prescribed by law. The clerk is tasked with a great deal of responsibilities including the following:
The current City Clerk is Donita Crutcher and she can be reached at (620)653-4125 or via email at email@example.com.
- Maintaining and controlling all municipal, fiscal, and legal records and serving as the official custodian of all municipal documents
- Maintaining the Uniform Fee Schedule which is posted in the Document Center
- Recording official transactions and proceedings of the governing body meetings
- Administering cereal malt beverage, retail liquor, and drinking establishment licenses
- Administering licenses for contractors, transient merchants and retail of fireworks
- Maintaining City Council meeting minutes along with election materials
- Developing agreements and leases
- Administering dog licensing
- Publicizing legal notices
- Recording official documents
- Certifying special assessments
- Receiving and opening official bids
- Open Records Requests – The City Clerk responds to the public requesting records through the Kansas Open Records Act. The Act determines which records are open to the public. Copies of the records will be provided to the public under the terms of the Kansas Open Records Act upon written request. The City will charge for its time and costs in providing the information.
Contact the City Clerk's Office
Deputy City Clerk
109 E. First St.
P.O. Box 418
Hoisington, KS 67544
Hours of Operation
Monday Through Friday:
8:00 AM to Noon
1:00 PM to 5:00 PM