Please scroll to the bottom of the screen to find a link to our Police Officer application. Submit your application, resume and cover letter to the Hoisington Police Department P.O. Box 60 Hoisington, Kansas 67544.
Job Title: Police Officer
- Under the supervision of the Captain of Police, protect the lives and property of the public through crime prevention and law enforcement. Serves the public by rendering aid to those in need and enforcement of existing state and local laws.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Have no felony convictions.
- Pass a physical fit test by a physical therapist designated
by the City of Hoisington.
- Pass a psychological screening examination by an agency
designated by the City of Hoisington.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- College education is preferred.
- KLETC certification is preferred.
REQUIREMENTS AFTER EMPLOYMENT
- Satisfactorily complete a six month probationary period.
- Obtains certification from KLETC within 12 months of
employment, if not previously certified.
- Maintain CPOST required 40 hours of annual in-service
training following KLETC certification.
- Qualify with a department issued firearm annually.
- Satisfactorily perform the duties of a Police Officer
as designated by the City of Hoisington.
- Abide by the policies and procedures of the Hoisington
Police Department and the City of Hoisington.
- Successfully complete yearly certification, as required
by state law, of CPR and First Aid.